STARTMATE SYDNEY 2018 NOW CLOSED
Having access to a wealth of startup knowledge and experience was incredible.
Our network of Australia's most experienced founders and operators is here to help you.
The next Startmate cohort will run in Sydney from January-March 2018.
WHAT IS STARTMATE?
Startmate invests in great Australian founders who are on a mission to be the best in the world.
Startmate is powered by its mentors - successful startup founders who invest their own time and money in each batch. The mentors have extensive experience growing successful tech businesses such as Atlassian co-founders, Mike Cannon-Brookes and Scott Farquhar.
Over 200 startups from across the country apply to be a part of each batch and 25 of these are shortlisted for interviews. Of these, we select the best eight.
We offer $75,000 cash for 7.5% equity. For startups that have raised more than $250,000, we will match the terms of the last round of funding.
Naval Ravikant, co-founder of AngelList, ranks Startmate alongside ycombinator and Techstars as one of the top five accelerators in the world. The Economist listed Startmate as one of the top accelerators in the world based on follow-on funding for alumni.
Startmate is Australia's most successful startup accelerator with the strongest mentors, and most successful alumni, including:
- UpGuard — $17MM Series B (August 2016)
- Bugcrowd — $17MM Series B (April 2016)
- Flirtey — Successfully completed the first fully autonomous FAA-approved urban drone delivery in the US (March 2016)
- Propeller — $4MM Series Seed from Accel, Blackbird Ventures and Costanoa (Aug 2016)
- Edrolo — $2.6MM Series A from Airtree Ventures and Blackbird Ventures (May 2015)
Other notable Startmate investments include: Happy Inspector, Bugherd, Vero, Flightfox, Lucy.ai, Workyard, Elevio, Kinderloop, QPay, Koala Safe, & Pixel Together
- Who should apply to Startmate?
- What We Look For In Founders
You should follow us on Twitter or read more here.
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER